I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Prop me up!

The Final Stretch!!

I can't believe my first year of teaching is in the final stretch!  What a year this has been!  There are only 9 more weeks of school left.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

I only have 2 more G/T online classes and an ESL Certification test remaining and this excites me!

However, even though I'm excited, I still want to finish strong.  It's not over yet - so much can happen in 9 weeks.  I've had some recent days where I think all I can do is just survive until May.  I want to do more than just survive.

When Jordan first started preschool - she and I both were a little nervous.  I was sad not to see her all day and she was scared about going to a new place with new people.  So I gave her a kiss and told her to put it in her pocket.  If she got to a point in her day where she missed me - just take out that "kiss" and put it on her face and it would be like I was right there with her.

Somehow this worked for her!  Today I read a verse in Psalms that I'm going to treat like this "kiss" I gave Jordan so many years ago.  I'm going to tuck it away in my pocket and when I feel I can't finish strong - I'm going to pull it out and remember that the Lord is right here beside me.

Ready for the verse?  Me too!

Psalm 68:19 (ESV)
Blessed be the Lord, who daily bears us up; 
God is our salvation.

With His daily bearing up I can conquer these next 9 weeks!

Have a great day everyone!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!