I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Dimmed View

Okay, okay! This is the week! This is the week that I am committed to getting my eyes checked. I'm quickly approaching 40 and my eyesight it getting the best of me. And as I was struggling to see the words on the page of my One Year Bible - I read this from Deuteronomy 34:7, "Moses was 120 years old when he died. His eye was undimmed, and his vigor unabated."

He was 120 and had great sight - I'm not even 40 yet and mine is failing! I'll keep you all posted as to the results of my eye exam and I'm sure subsequent contacts and/or glasses!

In the mean time - my prayer to the Lord was not for Him to heal my eyes and let me have great sight until I'm 120 years old - but rather for my spiritual eyesight to not go dim. I want my passion and sight for the things of the Lord to stay strong (much stronger than my physical sight and vigor). I don't want to have a dimmed view of the things the Lord wants me to see or for my "vigor" to lesson for the tasks He has before me.

So, in the mean time, I'm going to make sure I can actually see the words of the Lord in my Bible - so I can then in turn obey them!

Have a great day as we start a new week!
Your sis in the faith,
Pen

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

2 comments:

Rev. John Franklin said...

Well said... we see not for we often have not looked.

Hoo-ah to you, Pen!

grandmotherpic said...

You know daughter girl, it's just a pride thang!!. But heh, there are some really stylish glasses out there... Have you seen the Foster Grant commercial with Rachel Welch?? She's got to be at least 80.. So if you can get contacts(I never could & never will) but you gotta see so just bite the bifocals and go for it... The important thing is to alway "see" the important thing as the important thing... Live above until next time.!!

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!