I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Newnesses

Do you ever long for just a regular day?  A regular-no-drama season for your life?  The kind of time in your life where you know what you're doing, you know all the answers and life is predictable and manageable?

This sounds kind of dreamy to me!  However, it seems at every turn, I still have new adventures ever before me.

As many of you have heard... I have a new room in my house.  I realized the more Jordan was growing that she didn't need to share a room with her younger brother any longer.  Therefore, I gave her my room.  We fixed it all up - nice and girly.  I updated JP's room a bit with some Spiderman accessories.

Then, with the help of my family and some very strong guys from my church we moved all my stuff to the upstairs (converted attic) huge room!  I love it!!

My new bed!
(really my old bed that I just now got back!)

My new vanity area!  Cool huh?!


In just a few short weeks, I'll be embarking on another new thing... Chemistry Teacher at a new school district.  I'm super excited and nervous all at the same time.

During my prayer time this morning I wrote in my journal about all the "newnesses" that I'm experiencing.  I read a verse that confirmed just how close I need to be to the Lord to make it through all these new adventures.

Psalm 9:9-10 (ESV)

The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, 
a stronghold in times of trouble.  
And those who know Your name 
put their trust in You,
for You, O Lord, have not forsaken 
those who seek You.


I love the end where David reaffirms that the Lord will not forsake those who seek the Lord.

I realized that I have a lot of seeking the Lord to do in all my newnesses.  I know this is probably not real word - "newnesses" - but it doesn't mean I don't still have these in my life.

I bet you have some too.  So how do we deal with them all?  David encourages us to know the Name of the Lord, put our trust in Him, and seek Him.  As a result - He will not forsake us!

I made a list of as many of my newnesses that are currently in my life - and committed to seek the Lord in them all.  What will you do with your newnesses?

I love you all dearly!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!