I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My Multitude

One week.  There's only 1 more full week of July remaining.  I don't know about you, but when August starts - my mind is directed towards school stuff.

Next week I'm going to start working in my classroom.  I've already been salivating at the new fun school supplies.  This morning I looked up the dates for our Tax Free Weekend to plan some "school clothes" shopping!

As I sat down to pray and read my Bible this morning, I asked the Lord to direct my focus on Him.  The list of things I wanted to pray about were - in my mind... GINORMOUS!

Don't you ever long for simple peace on all sides?  No drama.  God gave this to some of the kings in the Old Testament.  This verse is King Asa of Judah speaking...

2 Chronicles 14:7 (b) (ESV)
We have sought Him and He has given us peace on every side.

"Peace on every side" - can you even imagine a life like that?  I would be thrilled with just a DAY like that!

So in my Bible reading - I just stopped and asked the Lord for "peace on every side".

But... then I read further...  I quickly learned that King Asa still had to fight.  And he didn't just fight small armies - check out his prayer when he was faced with an army of a million enemy soldiers!

2 Chronicles 14:11 (ESV)
And Asa cried to the Lord his God, 
"O Lord, there is none like You to help, 
between the mighty and the weak.  Help us, 
O Lord our God, for we rely on You, 
and in Your name we have come against this multitude.  
O Lord, You are our God, 
let not man prevail against You."

Want to know the outcome?  God allowed King Asa and his army to leave not one of those million enemy soldiers alive!  They were allowed to plunder a ton of stuff from the enemy too!  They won!

But they still had to fight.

Now, I'm so thankful I'm not facing a million soldiers with weapons.  But... in my prayer journal, I made a list of my own "multitude."  The things that are staring back at me - the things that I'm facing.

Here's just an excerpt:  raising Jordan & JP without their Dad, new job, finances, marathon training, JP's salvation, will God bring another "someone" in my life again, many other questions about my future....

This list can be overwhelming!  I'm sure we all have our own "multitude" that we face every day.

I took King Asa's prayer and made it my own this morning.  I may not have all the answers for my multitude - but in His name I can come against them all and you can too!

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!