I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Long Way Home

Earlier in the week I posted on Facebook my Certification status.  Just in case you missed it... I have 1 more trip to Kilgore, 3 online classes, an ESL class, an ESL exam and I'll be done!!!

What a long trip this has been!!!  This part of the journey began in February 2011.  And now, a year later, I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.  I've learned things that I never thought I would, I've encountered challenges that have indeed surprised me, and I've definitely grown as a person, and as a servant of the Lord.

One of the things that has definitely stood out in such a big way since this all started is just how much "this place" is not my home.  No, I'm not talking about Lufkin, Texas.... I'm talking about planet Earth.  As a believer, we're all heading to a REAL place, our REAL HOME!

Some of us however, get to take a shortcut - and some of us God has allowed us to take the long way.  Sometimes short cuts are AWESOME!  And some times, it's nice to take the long way.  Apparently God thinks the longer path is what's best for me.  So I'm going to do my best to find joy in the long way home!

Enjoy today's song about the long way home.






Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!