I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, February 26, 2012

His Word Sunday

Remember

Many times in scripture - actually throughout the entire Word of God - we are reminded to "REMEMBER".

As I get older, remembering things that happened in the past gets harder and harder.  Like, where did I leave my keys, did I sign Jordan's homework, what did I do with (fill in the blank)?

But often times we also forget the good that the Lord has done for us - especially in those dark days He allows us to walk.

This morning in my One Year Bible the Psalmist said over and over to "remember".  I haven't provided the entire Psalm 42 - but just a portion that calls us all to remember the Lord in our hard days.

Psalm 42:5-6 (ESV)
Why are you cast down, O my soul, 
and why are you in turmoil within me?
Hope in God; for I shall again praise Him,
 my salvation and my God.
My soul is cast down within me;
therefore I remember You from the land of Jordan 
and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar.

When you are feeling low... remember the Lord.  Recall all the places He has delivered you, met with you, and taught you.

He will bring you hope - and you will again praise Him.





Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!