I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Journal - My Heart

I don't recall exactly when or how it got started but I'm so thankful it did!

I'm referring to journaling my prayer times with the Lord.

I do know that I've had two main influences - one, is my Mother and the other is my dear friend Elorra, from Austin, TX.

I watched both of these ladies, share their heart from a very personal & pretty journal.

My friend Elorra gave me one of my very first journals in 1998.  And it seems as if the flood gates opened at that moment and have continued on ever since.

My journals have evolved in how they look over the years.  They started out as small spirals from a discount store, to hardback sketch books (I didn't want to be confined by the lines), to beautiful books from local specialty shops.



I have realized over the years that my Mom & my friend had it right... my journal is a place I can share my heart with the Lord and He can share with me what I need to learn.

I love writing in my journal!  It's one of the things which motivates me to get up every morning!  I want to have something to write in my beautiful book!  And in order for that to happen, I must meet with the Lord!

I truly believe we are to record what He teaches us!

Proverbs 7:2-3 (ESV)
Keep my commandments and live, and my teaching as the apple of your eye.  Bind them on your fingers; write them on the tablet of your heart.

Okay - how in the world do we bind words on our fingers and write something on an organ?!  I truly believe we are to memorize scripture so it's truly a part of who we are, and for most of us memorizing starts with actually writing it down!

Here is a picture of my current journal.

My husband gave it to me on my recent 40th birthday.  I love it! It still smells like leather and it has beautiful flowers on it.  It's also really thick!  I actually take it with me almost everywhere I go!  I've opened it on numerous occasions and in the strangest of places (coffee shops, grocery stores, parks, restaurants, etc) to share my my heart with ladies that I meet.

When you ask me, "What's God doing in your life lately," I'm more than likely going to pull my journal, my heart, right out of my bag and say, "let me tell you!"

I often think about what will fill the pages to come.  What will my prayers be like, what verses will the Lord show me when I'm half-way through, or nearing the end of the book.  They are only empty pages now... but still sacred to me - for I know they will one day contain words that my Lord has directed to me.

Do you keep a journal?
What does yours look like?
Is your journal your heart?



If you're here from iFellowship... WELCOME!
I hope you grab a cup of your favorite beverage
and hang out with me a while!
Leave me a comment, so I'll know you came by
and know that I'll be by later to visit you as well!


iFellowship




Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!