I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Calling All Warriors!

This weekend I'm speaking at a Women's Retreat.  I'm super excited about the message the Lord has laid on my heart to deliver.

Yesterday & today, I've been studying my material - making sure of two things, 1) that I'm absolutely prepared, and 2) that I'm saying what the Lord wants me to say.

The text for Friday night is Proverbs 31:10:
"An excellent wife, who can find?  For her worth is far above jewels."

Some translations say, "excellent", some say, "virtuous"... but the Hebrew word here is actually valor, strength, mighty as in a warrior, valiant!

I think too often we look at our English words and miss a HUGE message!  Ladies!  Hear me when I say - We, as Moms and Wives are valiant!!!  This job of raising children and submitting to our husbands is not a job for the faint of heart - but rather requires the strength of a warrior.

I think Pat Benatar got it wrong, Love is not our Battlefield - but rather life as a Christian woman, wife and mother in this present world is our battlefield!

Just stop and think of the big and small "battles" you potentially fight every day...


To read the rest of this post & see just how valiant God sees you... come & join me at Seeds of Faith Women!


Seeds Of Faith For The Christian Mom


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!