I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Look for the puddles

Rain.  Do you remember what it's like to hear thunder?  Or watch it rain for more than a couple of minutes?  This past weekend, I woke up to this strange sound coming from the sky!  I thought it might be thunder - but it's been so long since I heard that noise I wasn't quite sure!

It rained while we were in church.  Later that day, as I walked outside and could tell it was already drying up again.  I looked for the evidence of the rain.



I was hoping I would find puddles in the ground, the street, anywhere - just to know that water was accumulating in the dry places of my yard.

You know the Lord promises to bring water to the very dry places of our life.

Isaiah 35:3-6 (ESV)
Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees.  

Say to those who have an anxious heart, 
"Be strong; fear not!
Behold, your God will come with vengeance, 
with the recompense of God.  
He will come and save you!"

Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, 
and the ears of the deaf unstopped; 
then shall the lame man leap like a deer, 
and the tongue of the mute sing for joy.  

For waters break forth in the wilderness, 
and streams in the desert.

I love this promise!  Waters and streams in places that seem to have been forgotten.  A place of refreshment in places that are filled with danger or discomfort.

When I think of the words "wilderness" and "desert",  I picture a place that is filled with loneliness and hardships.  Places that have almost become normal for me these days.  And yet the Lord tells me that He is going to provide water - something that provides nourishment, refreshment, and revival in those exact places!

These provisions of water might be as big as the ocean or as small as a puddle.  I might have to look for them like I did after Sunday's rain - but I need to look for this promise all the same!

I need to not let the vastness & dryness of the desert keep me from seeing His puddles of refreshment!

Today - I'll be looking for the streams in the desert!  
Won't you join me?

Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!