I'm so glad you've stopped by my blog! I am a Women's Minister and a former Pastor's Wife. I love finding God in my regular-everyday-stuff. I struggle with keeping up with the laundry, I love blogging, and my kids are my first line of ministry. I am recently widowed. So God and I are on a brand new journey as I try to find peace and understanding. Please grab a cup of coffee and let's get to know one another as we journey on our faith walk together.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

His Word Sunday

By now I'm sure that most have you have heard about the tragic loss of my husband.  On Thursday, December 30, 2010 John stepped into heaven.

As I type this, I'm sitting in a kitchen surrounded my packed boxes.  Today I will attend and speak at yet another Memorial Service for my wonderful husband.  This service will be held in New Orleans where he had only been the pastor for a brief 20 months.

I want to ensure you all, that I will be back to my blog very soon!  I know that my God has many things He wants to show & teach me as a result of this tragedy.

My words for you and for myself today comes from Matthew.

Matthew 7 24:25 (ESV)
Everyone then who hears these words of Mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.  And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.

So many of you are concerned about how I'm doing.  For that matter, I'm concerned about many many things regarding my future.

Friends... indeed the rain has fallen, the floods are surrounding me, the winds are moving me in many directions, and I feel very beat up moment by moment.  Yet, I KNOW I will not fall to the point where I won't get back up.  My God has got me, and my life is built upon His Rock.

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support.  I cherish my friendship with you all and so blessed to have you in my life!


Blogger Tips - Get This Gadget

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I absolutely LOVE hearing from you and value what you have to say. God bless you and thanks for stopping by!